Summer Camps at Wentworth Arenas
Summer camps for kids at Wentworth Arenas include nature and sport options. The facility provides a home base for Nature camp from where children will access the Bruce, Hamilton Rail and McMaster Forest trails. While the Sports camp uses the artificial turf fields for sports and outdoor green space for outdoor activities. All youth day camps offer a quality, full day program with adult coaches who follow a structured curriculum geared to learning, engagement and fun.
Nature camp is a hands-on full day outdoor camp program for inquisitive 4-11yrs children. It is all about appreciating the great outdoors with daily walks and lessons. We encourage curiosity and explore our natural surroundings. Our goal is to spark an interest in the natural world and teach an appreciation for a healthy, active lifestyle. Our adult coaches follow a structured curriculum geared to keeping young minds active, learning and engaged.
Multi Sport camp (sports day camp for ages 5-10) include a diverse array of different camp activities each day. Programs include field games such as soccer, football, handball & rugby, skill based games like lacrosse, volleyball & baseball and group games like dodge ball and scavenger hunts. Our youth sport day camp will keep your high energy child active and engaged all day long!
Wentworth Summer Camp Activities
- Wentworth Arenas, 1249 Wilson Street East, Ancaster
- Camp runs daily from 9am to 3:45pm
- Drop-off is between 8:45 and 9am
- Pick-up is between 3:45 and 4pm
- Camp activities operate rain or shine
- Camp curriculum and format will be modified according to COVID guidelines
Summer Camp Coaches
- Love sports and are hired for their energy and enthusiasm
- Pass "Vulnerable Sector" Police Check & Soccer World screening
- Complete sport-specific, camp, teaching model and first aid training
- Live in Hamilton and many are McMaster or Mohawk students