Nature Quest Camp offers a hands-on full day outdoor camp program for inquisitive 4-12yrs children. This camp is all about sunny skies, fresh air and "roughing-it" in the city!
Days at camp are spent appreciating and enjoying nature through a variety of fun hands-on and nature themed activities and adventures. We will hike the trails, learn about the wildlife & trees, scavenger hunts, geocache, learn to build a fire and shelters, complete nature crafts and play group games. And with access to indoor fields we have lots of bad weather and indoor game options. Our experienced and caring coaches will ensure your child is active, engaged and inspired by the outdoors!
Nature Quest Camp Activities
Nature camp is all about understanding and appreciating the local biosphere. On our daily trail walks, we will stop and introduce our campers to the plants and insects and learn about their natural life cycles. We will encourage curiosity and exploration of their surroundings including looking for fossils and other geological features. Campers will be taught basic survival skills with fire and shelter building techniques. They will take part in scavenger hunts, play group games like survivor and build friendships roasting marshmallows around a fire. Our goal is to spark an interest in the natural world and teach an appreciation for a healthy, active lifestyle.
"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Summer Camp Details
- Children ages 4yrs-12yrs
- Nature Quest Camp runs from 9am-3:45pm
- Drop-off (8:30-9am) & pick-up (3:45-4pm)
- Bring a lunch, snacks and a refillable water bottle
- Registration by the week only (unless COVID rules change)
- Extended care (8am-6pm) available
- Camp will be modified to comply with government COVID guidelines
Days & RBG Camp Weeks
Summer Camp Coaches
- love children and are hired for their energy and enthusiasm
- pass "Vulnerable Sector" Police Check & Soccer World screening
- complete sport, camp, teaching model and first aid training
- live in Hamilton and most are McMaster University or Mohawk College students
Wentworth Arenas is a 14 acres site located on the Niagara Escarpment. Found at the top of Main West, the complex at 1249 Wilson Street, Ancaster covers 200,000 square feet with parking for 175 vehicles. The multi-sport complex comprises of two NHL-sized ice rinks, two indoor artificial turf fields and a fully-licensed sports bar & restaurant capable of hosting 150 people. Wentworth specializes in running adult hockey and soccer leagues.