Soccer & Football
Youth Classes, Clinics & League Policies
Summer 2021 Program Delay Policy
If COVID restrictions force a delayed start or change to scheduled 2021 summer programs;
- May 12th full payment date will be delayed to one week prior to new start date and cancellation fees will be pushed back accordingly,
- Withdrawal made more than 7 days prior to new program start date will result in loss of $50 deposit,
- Withdrawal inside 7 days of new start date, will result in a refund less $100 cancellation fee,
- Once program has started, fees are non-refundable, and
- If season shortened and the number of weeks are reduced, fees will be adjusted accordingly.
Non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking to confirm classes, clinics or leagues. Full and final payment deadlines vary according to program. Mid-season registration is possible if space is available, fees may be discounted for partial sessions.
Classes, clinics & league jerseys are included with the registration.
A completed waiver is required in order to participate in classes, clinics and leagues. The waiver includes both an injury release, medical authorization and photo release.
Cancellations & Withdrawals
- Cancellations before the first session are refundable less $100 (plus HST) cancellation fee. Withdrawals after first session are non-refundable. No credits for any missed days regardless of reason.
- Memberships are non-refundable.
Caution is recommended when deciding to participate in any programs during snow storms, extreme heat and/or during unstable storm conditions. Responsibility of players rest with the parent/guardian and as such the parent/guardian must make the ultimate decision as to whether their child will come to the facility or field and play.
Classes, clinics & leagues may be cancelled due to extreme snow conditions at the facility. The decision to cancel clinics & leagues will be made at 2pm on the day and communicated via Social Media and email to all participants. Classes may be made up following the "make-up" classes" policy listed below. Unfortunately, no credit or refund can be provided for cancelled clinics or games.
Classes, clinics & leagues run regardless of temperature and/or humidex. During extreme heat coaches will stop for additional water breaks.
Rain, Thunder & Lightning
Classes, clinics & leagues run in the rain.
In cases of unstable storm conditions programs will be cancelled at the field using the Flash to Bang 30/30 Rule” method. With this method the seconds are counted from the time a flash of lightning is seen until a clap of thunder is heard or vice versa. When this number is 30 seconds or less, the program is cancelled and evacuation of the field will begin immediately. Programs may not be re-started for at least 30 minutes. If "Flash to Bang" is 30 seconds or less between 5:15pm and 6:45pm, the 5:45pm programs are cancelled. If "Flash to Bang" is 30 seconds or less between 6:15pm and 7:45pm, the 6:45pm programs are cancelled. If "Flash to Bang" is 30 seconds or less between 7:15pm and 8:45pm, the 7:45pm programs are cancelled. Cancelled programs will be called by the Program Supervisor using whistles and/or air horn. Classes, clinics & leagues cancelled due to thunder and lightning will not be made up.
Outdoor programs operate on rented properties and may be closed for reasons outside our control. City of Hamilton, school boards & private operators may close their grass fields due to rain and/or field conditions and turf fields may be closed due to flooding. If facilities are closed classes, clinics & leagues are cancelled and will not be made-up.
Dress Code & Player Equipment
Children/players should be comfortable and wear their prescribed jerseys with running shoes or cleats.
- Mandatory shin pads for league players (covered by socks or track pants).
- Players not wearing shin pads will be asked to leave the field of play.
Braces & Casts
- Sport-specific (light weight, smooth, soft exterior, plastic) and (bubble) wrapped (metal and plaster) braces & casts are acceptable if they provide sufficient cushion and safety to other players.
- Aggressive, sloppy and/or dangerous play while wearing a brace or cast is not acceptable. Players wearing a brace or cast assume all liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Necklaces, bracelets and chains must be removed.
- Removal of all piercing and body jewellery is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all players. Referees & coaches will not turn away players with taped piercings and body jewellery, however, if a player wishes to play with jewellery (however concealed) they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Active Sports Eye wear with a head strap is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for players who require corrective eye wear. Referees & coaches will not turn away players who do not have Active Sports Eye wear, however, if a player wishes to play with glasses they must have a head strap and they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their eye wear choice.
- Head coverings may be worn although it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED the fabric of such be elastic and tight fitting so as not to become a strangulation and/or tripping hazard. Players wearing head coverings during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees & coaches will not turn away players who wear head coverings.
- Shorts, track pants and/or leggings are the preferred clothing while playing, however, players may choose to wear alternate/additional clothing during play as long as the player is clearly identifiable as to which team they belong and have their number clearly visible on their back. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that if a player wears a skirt, the length should not fall below the ankle and be appropriately designed and worn so as not to become a tripping hazard. Players wearing skirts during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees & coaches will not turn away players who wear skirts.
Players may make one reciprocal friend request where both players request each other. Multiple friend requests cannot be accommodated to allow coordinator to fairly balance teams.
Coaches are predominantly College & University students with ever-changing schedules. We ask our coaches to commit for the full season but this is not always possible and occasionally coaches will change mid-session.
Coaches are assigned to our programs based on availability, experience and program needs. Assignments are done just before each new session. You may request a specific coach but it can never be guaranteed.
Age Requirements & Playing Up
Players may play in a higher division if they wish, and girls may play in any boys league. Children may participate in higher age clinics with advanced permission of program supervisor.
Missed classes may be made-up within the session. Make-up classes are offered as a courtesy and are based on availability. They must be pre-arranged with the office so the coach is prepared and to ensure the class has space. Make-up clinics and games are not possible.
First Aid Supplies
First aid supplies are stored behind the desk at the reception area. and at outdoor locations can be found in the large marked bin located with coaching equipment.
Parents/guardians are required to monitor their "non-participating" children while at the facility and fields. In particular, parents/guardians are asked to keep their children from climbing on goal posts, screens, nets and fences, and keep children out from under bleachers and other location specific hazards.
Soccer League Discipline & Fines
RED and YELLOW cards are at the discretion of the referee. Any youth player receiving a RED card is automatically suspended for the next game. Prior to returning to play, the player and parent/guardian must arrange and meet with management to discuss the incident and to secure permission to return to play. Failure to meet automatically extends the suspension. No credit is due for any missed games as a result of referee or league discipline.
Repeated inappropriate behaviour and bullying by participants, following warning and discussion with parent/guardian, may result in their expulsion from the program without refund. Soccer World reserve the right to refuse future registration to these children.
Participants with Exceptionalities
We make every effort to create a safe, positive and inclusive environment and to ensure all children enjoy their class, clinic and league experience but we are not designated to accommodate participants with exceptionalities. If your child has exceptionalities please speak with us before you register to determine if we are able to accommodate the specific requirements of your child.