Outdoor Class (17mo-4yrs) Policies
Weather Cancellation Philosophy
Caution is recommended when deciding to play in extreme heat and/or during unstable storm conditions. Responsibility of players rest with the parent/guardian and as such the parent/guardian must make the ultimate decision as to whether their child will come to the field and/or play.
Programs will run regardless of temperature and/or humidex. During extreme heat coaches will break for additional water breaks.
Rain, Thunder & Lightning
Programs will run in the rain.
In cases of unstable storm conditions programs will be cancelled at the field using the Flash to Bang 30/30 Rule” method. With this method the seconds are counted from the time a flash of lightning is seen until a clap of thunder is heard or vice versa. When this number is 30 seconds or less, the program is cancelled and evacuation of the field will begin immediately. Programs may not be re-started for at least 30 minutes. If "Flash to Bang" is 30 seconds or less between 5:15pm and 6:45pm, the 5:45pm programs are cancelled. If "Flash to Bang" is 30 seconds or less between 6:15pm and 7:45pm, the 6:45pm programs are cancelled. If "Flash to Bang" is 30 seconds or less between 7:15pm and 8:45pm, the 7:45pm programs are cancelled. Cancelled programs will be called by the Program Supervisor using whistles and/or air horn. Classes cancelled due to thunder and lightning will not be made up.
Programs operate on rented properties and may be closed for reasons outside our control. City of Hamilton & BGT Sports Park may close their grass fields due to rain and/or field conditions and turf fields may be closed due to flooding. If facilities are closed classes are cancelled and will not be made-up.
Due to the nature of the facilities, schedules and outdoor programs, missed classes are not able to be made-up.
Fields are rented from third parties who maintain varying degrees of cleanliness and safety. Although we make reasonable efforts to provide a safe environment there is still risk and parents/guardians are required to monitor their "non-participating" children while at the facilities. In particular, parents/guardians are asked to keep their children away from the pond at Redeemer, out from under the bleachers at STM, and off goal posts, nets & fences at all facilities.
First Aid Supplies
First aid kit supplies may be found in the large marked bin near the blue tube area and contains band aids, cold packs and other supplies.
- Mandatory shin pads for 4yrs and older (covered by socks or track pants).
- Players not wearing shin pads must leave field immediately.
BRACES & CASTS
- Sport-specific (light weight, smooth, soft exterior, plastic) and (bubble) wrapped (metal and plaster) braces & casts are acceptable if they provide sufficient cushion and safety to other players.
- Aggressive, sloppy and/or dangerous play while wearing a brace or cast is not acceptable. Players wearing a brace or cast assume all liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Necklaces, bracelets and chains must be removed.
- Removal of all piercing and body jewelry is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all players. Referees will not turn away players with taped piercings and body jewelry, however, if a player wishes to play with jewelry (however concealed) they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Active Sports Eye wear with a head strap is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for players who require corrective eye wear. Referees will not turn away players who do not have Active Sports Eye wear, however, if a player wishes to play with glasses they must have a head strap and they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their eye wear choice
- Head coverings may be worn although it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED the fabric of such be elastic and tight fitting so as not to become a strangulation and/or tripping hazard. Players wearing head coverings during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees will not turn away players who wear head coverings.
- Shorts, track pants and/or leggings are the preferred clothing while playing soccer, however, players may choose to wear alternate/additional clothing during play as long as the player is clearly identifiable as to which team they belong and have their number clearly visible on their back. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that if a player wears a skirt, the length should not fall below the ankle and be appropriately designed and worn so as not to become a tripping hazard. Players wearing skirts during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees will not turn away players who wear skirts.
- Fees are non-refundable; withdrawal prior to the first day of the session will result in a credit less an administration fee of $75.
- Memberships are non-refundable.
Coaches are predominantly College & University students with ever-changing schedules. We ask our coaches to commit for the full season but this is not always possible and occasionally coaches will change mid-session.
Coaches are assigned to our programs based on availability, experience and program needs. Assignments are done just before each new session. You may request a specific coach but it can never be guaranteed.